Thursday, April 19, 2012

[SC2] z_lua_dlc1.scd and DefaultBuildRestrictions.lua

Just came across some more weird restricted behaviour of z_lua_dlc1.scd: it appears that DefaultBuildRestrictions.lua can only read the standard Cybran, Illuminate, and UEF folders for units. It completely ignores LoD's GlobalUpgrades folder. In order to disable the TECHUPGRADE unit, I had to shadow DefaultBuildRestrictions via Mithy's modhook approach.|||Maybe you can make a tutorial on this. I am just cutting my teeth on adding FA units, and I want them all to be restricted to research unlocks, so this would be a big help to me. :)|||I'm going to update my tutorial soon, once i get a bit more time.
About adding the FA units, all I need left to do is make individual research items for the illuminate experimentals. other than that, i have all units and structures in the research tree all ready and set to go. Give me a couple of days and i'll finish off illuminate and send you the files. it'll save you a lot of time from creating each individual entry, since that's basically what i've been spending my time doing.|||Bastilean|||Sweet! I don't know how functional revamp expansion will be with regular supcom, but it would be fun to try it. Maybe, with LoDs permision, I can make a mod for revamp expansion to make it compatible with SupCom2 scale. Dunno
It's always nice to see how something is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment