Monday, April 16, 2012

Understanding SupCom Sizes & Building Effects

I thought I had everything figured out with unit sizes, but when I was making a Vehicle Factory, it seems that I do not actually understand the SupCom system.
I know in the real world, X is width, Y is length, Z is height. In SupCom is it X=width, y=height and Z=length?
I am also having trouble with the dimension sizes of the mesh. I am using Blender and I cannot get the values to match up in game. I will give an example...
UEF T1 Power Generator
UniformScale = 0.04, - affects model size
MeshExtentsX = 1, - ?
MeshExtentsY = 0.75, - ?
MeshExtentsZ = 1, - ?
SizeX = 0.6, - ?
SizeY = 0.85, - ?
SizeZ = 0.6, - ?
In Blender, the imported model size (after I scale it) is listed as...X=0.825, Y=0.825, Z=0.712. I cannot figure out where any of these numbers really match up.

On a completely separate note, I have a Vehicle Factory building with 3 smoke stacks. Can I make it so that smoke will billow out of the stacks while a unit is being constructed?
Thanks!|||Just a heads up, but Mod Talk is for talking about actuals Mods, while Mod Dev Support is for talking about modding itself.
Thread Moved.
Mike|||Thanks, sorry about that.|||Size* is collision box size. Not sure about MeshExtents.
None of these numbers have any relevance to the numbers you'll see in the modeling software, because they're in game ogrids. You'll have to figure out mesh size via trial and error with UniformScale.

No comments:

Post a Comment