Tuesday, April 17, 2012

[SC2] Mods Crash at End of Game

Any idea why mods (particularly mine) would crash when the game is ended?
Specifically it happens when you try to leave the game and go back to the menu system or restart the game.|||Not without knowing at least which files you're hooking, or what (if anything) is in the log at the time of the crash.
Start with a file list and log with the crash (another log without the mod or a crash where you exit to the main menu would be helpful for comparison too).|||You repacked the lua.scd didn't you try with the default scds + your mod see if it happens again.|||I will run some tests this week.
In the following file path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\supreme commander 2\bin
There is a list of game crashes.
supremecommander2_125_crash_2011_5_1T18_46_33C0.mdmp
Does steam upload these?|||Nope, but GPG might find them useful if they were ever interested in mod support (which they aren't).|||I verified integrity of game cache. I was told there was no issues found by steam, however I am not having any crashing issues any more.
If and when the issue rears it's ugly head again I will provide a log. It's too bad I don't have a reproduce-able problem, but I am glad I am not having issues. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment