Thursday, April 19, 2012

[SUPCOM-FA] Structure with transport ability?

EXPLAINED, Above my skill level for now
First, let me set up my situation: I am attempting to create an experimental, heavily armored "ACU Protection Facility" unit. I have gotten the basics together, it is well armored, has a shield, everything I want, except for one thing: I want to make it to where the ACU (Or any other unit you want, but mostly the ACU )can reside within it by using the transport clamp feature used for air transports. I've gotten the button to show up, but I cannot get it to hold units.
The original structure I am basing this unit off of is URC1902-Cybran Network Node.
Does the unit need a special Bone somewhere for a transport clamp to be recognized?
Do I need to modify the script? I've looked through the script for transports, but it mostly seems to focus on the destruction of carried units, not the Carrying of them in itself.
Should I be basing this off of Air Staging instead of transports? (Since Air Staging is immobile and can hold units, I thought it might work. However, since it only seems to work on aircraft, and automatically releases them after repairing/refueling, I'm stumped with it)
Is it even possible for a non-mobile land unit to have the transport (a land unit) ability?|||Good luck.|||Quote:|||Exavier Macbeth|||The transport system is very hacked together, written partly in Lua, partly in C++, and none of it flexible. You will need an awful lot of luck and hacks to make such a thing work- the existing system is predicated on the assumption that one or both of the units involved are aerial.

No comments:

Post a Comment