Monday, April 23, 2012

[SC2] Do Merge Files Just Increase Complexity of Full Mods?

I am considering dropping merge files from my mod and placing my blue prints in a bp.scd file (using over write like other files).
This will reduce the complexity of placing a mod in the gamedata folder (over writing the original files) and removing the mod by then over writing the mod with the original files.

Note: this requires an 'original bp.scd, lua.scd and z_lua_dlc1.scd files' folder to draw from just like your mod.

Over writing is sloppier than moving files around, but it also reduces the complexity drastically down to: I want to play this, so I will drop those files in my gamedata and overwrite whatever used to be there.
It will also cut out the possibility that someone forgets he has a mod file in the game data folder that is stopping him from playing an unmodded game. I had a friend use the steam file fixer, but it does not remove non-original files, and he couldn't figure out on his own specifically how he was crashing (he knew it was mod related).|||Bastilean|||liveordie|||CerusVI has created a mod manager: http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50303.

No comments:

Post a Comment