Monday, April 16, 2012

[SC2] [SOLVED] mod the Tech tree

PROBLEM SOLVED: I need to overwrite z_lua_dlc1.scd.
Thanks, madface!
Okay, I'm not asking for help understanding how to add an item to the tech tree;
this guide http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=50389 seems
pretty straightforward about it. However, I am curious about how to actually package it up and make it usable with relative ease.
Which .scd am I supposed to change? z_lua_dlc1 or z_uncompiled_lua_dlc1?
Which one is actually read by the game, and which one is just some sort of
backup?
Is it possible to hook the z_lua/z_uncompiled_lua files, or am I forced to overwrite them?
(and for those who are wondering, the mod will be DLC exclusive for simplicity's sake, so please give me info for DLC compatibility, not vanilla SC2)|||That guide I started will eventually be updated with more information... I'll get around to that eventually. Until my research tree gui is released which will automate the entire process for you, what you want to do in the meantime when doing things by hand is to use the uncompiled versions and then use those to overwrite the compiled ones in z_lua_dlc1.scd. This scd is what the engine reads. And unfortunately, the main research tree files are not hookable or shadowable. They have to be a direct overwrite. Therefore, any mods that you create that change the research tree, you will have to distribute the entire z_lua_dlc1.scd. However, I'm looking into making a utility that will let you distribute only the relevant files for the research tree instead of the entire scd.
Post back if there's something you want to do with the research tree that I haven't written about in the guide or if some units / structures are giving you problems.|||No, that's all I wanted to know, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment