Thursday, April 19, 2012

Looking for Coders. Details within. (FA)

Greetings all. I am looking for a couple Experienced coders for a very special project. FA ACU Enhancment Trees =p
I know how to do Actual ACU enhancment coding, but Im lookin for someone who can do the rest =p The Actual Tree itself.
Anyone interested?
Heres an Example of what I had in mind that I have recently made:
Image|||good luck with that brandon, i doubt anyone in there right mind would help you do that.
now im sorry to be negative.. BUT,
why even try bringing the tech tree to fa.. the tech tree blows.. and doesnt fit with fa at all.. i dont see the point in trying to make fa into sc2, why bring half arsed ideas from that game.. a better idea is to think of something original for fa THAT ISNT in sc2, i could make the tech tree but im not going to.. because i like original ideas..
why try re-inventing the wheel..
you can mod what you want, however i think you should come up with better ideas, rather than trying to copy things from sc2.|||I'm not sure I get the point of this, Brandon. I think it's a common agreement that SC2 has the better engine (minus modding)... so why are you trying to bring SC2 content over to an older engine?|||FuryoftheStars|||I thought part of the point with the FA upgrade system was that you couldn't get every upgrade.
I just don't think that teh SC2 style tree will be liked by many of those playing FA, part of hte reason they are most likely still playing FA is because they prefer it over SupCom2 after all...
Mike|||OrangeKnight|||I like the looks of it. It does not have to lead to just one final upgrade, but could fork into specialized trees. Nicely done Brandon.
But alas, I'm busy coding, I can give you a few pointers here and there.
On Supcom2, I dislike the lack of modding/lan, steam(drm), and the lack of scale. I'd love to see its codebase used to do a full scale, FA style game, with tons of units, tech levels and modding/mapping comfortably possible.|||Ghaleon|||You'd need to add simcallbacks to the buttons onclick functions.
Laying out and arranging a ui display is fairly tedious imo, but you have done a nice job there, so the hardest part is done.
Coding the simside enhancement can be time consuming, depending on what you want to do there.|||Ghaleon|||aw, dang, really.
In my experience working on UI isn't that hard, you just need to be alert and willing to put up with writing and maintaining dependencies.
Taking stock game code is the start, shrinking it to get something to work on the next, and then the real fun starts, putting tons of things into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment