Monday, April 23, 2012

[SC2] JTAG 360 modding!!

Yes, it's me again. well my iso modding didn't go so well,alot of crashing,freezes, and invisible units,lol.
well i had an old xenon, and jtaged it.now i will mod this game! any useful info would be much apreciated. Thanx. also,ill keep you guys posted on any findings.|||Considering that I'm confident in saying that I'm the only modder on here who has used a JTAG before, I feel that I'm justified in saying that you won't find much help from us.
You'll get a lot of interest from me however. This is something I want to see.|||Look at the blueprint merging thread I just posted, and start with that. You'll only need one .bp file in one folder (with an .scd extension) to start making changes.
Since I assume there's no DLC for the 360 version, put the .bp file inside a folder called e.g. gamedata\mymod.scd\units\, and that will let you make changes to any and all unit blueprints. No need to compress it into an .scd, just naming a folder with .scd is good enough.
Begin with a test change, like reducing the starting health of the UEF ACU, so you can jump right into a skirmish and make sure the file is being used.|||BulletMagnet|||You don't actually need to replace/copy any files to mod. It might help to have an extracted copy of uncompiled_lua.scd on your desktop for reference, but any unit and ability changes that don't require entirely new scripting can be done with a small added blueprint merge file.|||Mithy|||You probably don't need bp.scd because you can't read the files if the JTAG is anything like the PC.
I would start by picking one unit to modify. Go ahead and reply with that unit and I will tell you what I would do with the pc file. You can tell me us if it works.|||damusolja

No comments:

Post a Comment