Thursday, April 19, 2012

[WIP-SC1/SC2] GUI Editor for Unit Blueprints

Scroll through the database of units and structures and change any stats you want. The necessary (mergeable) bp code will be automatically generated based on your changes.
Image

The background colors for Illuminate and UEF are green and blue.
What the following options mean:
- Multiple Merge: all blueprints marked with this will be combined into a single file
- Individual Merge: all blueprints marked with this will have their own bp file
- No Merge: a fresh bp file (intended for porting or creation of new units/structures where an existing blueprint doesn't exist)
- Edit Code: launches a built-in text editor where you can manually write code based on the above choices
It will be possible to select multiple choices and in the case of Edit Code, up to 3 windows for the same unit could be launched.
Also, the FA icon in the bottom left will switch the generator into FA mode.

NOTE: the 'FA' that you see tagged on at the end of the unit id's is not an amalgamation of SC2 and FA units. They represent the ported units in the Revamp mod. While the digits in a unit's id are the same in FA and SC2 where the same unit exists, the preceding 3-letter code is not.|||Sounds cool. Look forward to seeing what you put together.|||Thanks. The layout is done - just have to finish incorporating all the possible elements in a blueprint into the above GUI, and then can start the actual coding. But the coding should be straightforward, just read of elements and write to a text file. Hope to get a working protoype soon.|||Yes! I can't wait for this to be complete. It would make things a whole lot easier for me to mod units on the 360 version of the game.
Yes its possible to mod the console version using .bp merging, hooks and (what im currently using) hybrid .bp file.|||Just wanted to add I'm also looking forward to this!|||Thank guys. It's hard for me to predict when I'll be releasing this because I'm splitting my time between this gui and the one for the research tree. I've never programmed in c# before and so I'm developing both in parallel to learn and explore the language. But there is a slightly higher priority to do the research tree as that is what's mostly lacking in the Revamp mod.
However, if you are able to merge, then tell me what sections of the bp you will be modding and I can do those first. I'm guessing it will be the ones relating to balancing and economy.
Again, this is a work-in-progress, so I can't promise that I'll have something out soon. But at the very least I can release something with just the above features that you need once they get implemented.|||@ madface
You are correct, balancing, economy, and (if possible) scale size. I'm new to modding and (Seeing as how im the only 360 modder :lol: ) that would be great. I have not implemented the merge technique though, im currently using hybrid bp files, but merging is possible, i'm sure of it.
YOU ARE A GENIUS!! and thank you for this when it comes out.|||What exactly is a hybrid bp file??? Also, please clarify with Mithy and BulletMagnet exactly what kind of merging is possible so I know exactly what code you need generated.

damusolja|||If you need C# help, give me a pm; I know it fairly well.|||madface|||DeadMG|||Hows this turning out? Whats the status? Thanks.|||The gui blueprint generator is currently on hold. My top priority is the gui research tree generator. I started the bp generator first because I never programmed in C# before. Even though it will eventually be finished, I started working on it more as a trial run to learn C# to be able to program the research tree generator since the latter is a bit more complex. I'll come back to this one eventually.
Is there any particular type of bp modding you want to do now? For example, if it's unit balancing, then it's only just a few lines you have to add for each unit. And all these changes can be made without touching the original files and can all be placed in a single centralized file.

No comments:

Post a Comment