Thursday, April 12, 2012

T3 Artillery Adjacency

[:1]As most of us know, the T3 heavy, rapid, and T4 artillery installations do not receive ROF or cost bonuses from being built next to power generators. This is disappointing.
I have been looking into why it is this is true but am completely baffled and discombobulated in the face. First by unit file names, then by code, then script, then adjacency buff defenitions, and by Lua programming in general. Is there anyone who knows WHY they don't get these bonuses?|||Are you announcing that you plan to work on it and are baffled or are you asking for helping figuring it all out?
Mike|||Most likely the latter.|||I was baffled, and couldn't find an explanation for it.
EDIT: I found out why.
The adjacency for weapons is determined by a table in lua.scd/lua/sim/adjacencybuffs file. They are listed per pgen type, right? Well, the list used to access them is missing the bonus for structures larger than size4. All I had to do was add them. Now I'm baffled by why I couldn't find this on the internet... I guess I can put this in the vault :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment