Friday, April 13, 2012

Unit Cap Question

[:1]I edited Sirians lobbyenhancement.scd to make a 300 unit cap. It's the only thing I've changed but from the one game I've played so far it seemed like the AI actually attacked less. They did appear to build more inty's but the attacks from land didn't seem as heavy or constant. I think there may have been more base buildup as well with shields compared to normal.
Does the actual unit cap effect how the AI plays or could it have just been a fluk? I want more than 250 units but less than 500. Is there an optimal number?|||Since structures count as cap too, what changes you make are going to have a massive influence on the behaviour of the AI.
What you'd have to do is actually adjust the behaviour of the AI... reprogram it for the lack of a better term.|||Or remove structures from the unit cap.|||Going from 250 to 300 cap shouldn't change the AI's behavior at all (not negatively, at least). Going from 500 to 300 might, but that depends on how far in advance the AI predicts running into the cap (I don't know if it does at all).|||Thanks all. At least I know I can use any number. May try 275 and see how that does.

No comments:

Post a Comment